Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Purpose Driven Life

Ok, I admit, that title is copied from some book, but I'm not going to get sued to for that right? At least I hope not.

Recently, a friend invited me to join her for some talks by this successful man, who had graduated from NUS some years ago. Being the lazy person I am, I wasn't too enthusiatic about attending talks, especially those I feel might be boring. The way my friend put it, it's like "Attend the talks, then you can find out some secrets to having a successful life." I'm not too sure of what she meant by successful life, but I guess it's like having a good career those kind. One question that came to my mind was "What makes you think I want to be successful in life?" bu then again, if I don't want to be sucessful in life, then what do I want? To fail in life? What does it mean to succeed or fail in life? How to judge? Yeah, I guess a lot of times, people assume that everyone would want to succeed in life. Maybe so, but there are people who have not thought of what's success and failure in life, to them.

So I was thinking "Hmm well, if I'm going to be a successful person, I'll be busy trying hard to be successful instead of going to talks that tell me how to be successful." I don't mean these talks aren't helpful in the least but well, if one's going to be successful, you got to get started somewhere and do something.

Anyway, I didn't attend the talks in the end. I haven't really figured out my purpose in life. Have you?

No comments: